Monday, February 19, 2018

Kicking it Into Overdrive


So this week, I’m kicking it into overdrive...and by that, I mean to say, not just in promoting the heck out of my book, but to literally promote it for Overdrive - as in the digital library circulation platform! As of today, you can request A Place to Call Home at your local library! Believe it or not, the prospect of being available to readers worldwide who may want to check out a digital copy of my work holds more appeal to me than any number of book signings or mass sales. In fact, you can say that being included in my library’s catalogue is a bucket list item for me, as I held my very first job at the branch I still frequent today! So I hold a very special place in my heart for its services, and the memories I have of going there with my family. Now, granted, my branch ITSELF may not purchase a copy, but the system as a whole, may. And if they do, that still counts in my book (pun intended!).

So if you use Overdrive to read books, maybe you can give A Place to Call Home some love??? You don’t even HAVE to request to check it out for yourself if you don’t want to read it but know someone who would. One of the options after you select the book and request it for purchase by the library is to simply get an email notification when it’s available. And if you DO want to read it, select the option to have it checked out as soon as it’s been purchased, and you’ll get an email when that happens. The more people select the book and request it (per library), the greater the chances of influencing the staff to make the purchase!

I can’t wait to see what happens, and I hope it turns out to be a win-win situation for us all!